By Jared Samuelson
Strikepod Systems’ David Strachan joins the program to discuss his blog post on Ukraine’s options for naval guerrilla warfare.
Sea Control 330 – Ukraine & Naval Guerrilla Warfare with David Strachan
1. “UKR and Guerilla Naval Warfare,” by David Strachan, Strikepod Systems, March 15, 2022.
2. “Ukraine: Estonian cargo ship sinks in the Black Sea,” BBC, March 3, 2022.
3. “Navy: Saudi Frigate Attacked by Unmanned Bomb Boat, Likely Iranian,” by Sam LaGrone, USNI News, February 20, 2017.
4. “What We Know and Don’t Know About the Beirut Port Explosions,” by Austin Ramzy and Elian Peltier, The New York Times, August 5, 2020.
5. “Anatomy of a Drone Boat,” Conflict Armament Research, December 2017.
Jared Samuelson is Co-Host and Executive Producer of the Sea Control podcast. Contact him at Seacontrol@cimsec.org.
This episode was edited and produced by Joshua Groover.
2 thoughts on “Sea Control 330 – Ukraine and Naval Guerrilla Warfare with David Strachan”
Very informative talk. I see that today a Russian LST was lost. I can’t tell if was the result of an accident onboard or if the Ukranians managed to get a missile into it. I had a strange thought about taking over the oligarch’s yachts, weaponizing them with pintle mounted missiles, paint them grey and reflag them as Ukrainian naval vessels. I get crazy ideas sometimes!
My thought is why don’t we give the Ukrainian some Minds to drop in their territorial Waters. They have c-130 that could be used.