By Walker Mills
Dr. Joshua Tallis from the Center for Naval Analyses join the program to discuss his recent commentary on the Arctic in CIMSEC, War on the Rocks, and Foreign Policy. Enjoy the wide-ranging conversation on arctic security and governance, the security implications of climate change, the relationship between small conflicts and ‘Great Power Competition,’ maritime policing, and fleet architecture.
1. The War for Muddy Waters: Pirates, Terrorists, Traffickers and Maritime Insecurity, by Joshua Tallis, Naval Institute Press, 2019.
2. Sea Control 197: Naval Great Power Competition with Dr. Joshua Tallis and Hunter Stires, by Jared Samuelson, CIMSEC, August 30, 2020.
3. “Focusing the Military Services’ Arctic Strategies,” by Joshua Tallis, War on the Rocks, January 20, 2021.
4. Sea Control 219: USCG Commandant Admiral Karl Schultz, by Walker Mills CIMSEC, December 27, 2020.
5. Sea Control 230: Coast Guard Unmanned Systems with Scott Craig and Bert Macesker, by Walker Mills, CIMSEC, March 7, 2021.
6. “Advantage at Sea,” The U.S. Marine Corps, Department of the Navy, and U.S. Coast Guard, December 2020.
7. “How Good Order at Sea is Central to Winning Strategic Competition,” by Joshua Tallis, CIMSEC, August 12, 2020.
8. “For a Biden Arctic Agenda, Look to Governance,” by Joshua Tallis, Foreign Policy, February 18, 2021.
9. The Strife Blog series on Caribbean Maritime Security will run through June 2021.
Walker Mills is Co-Host of the Sea Control podcast. Contact the podcast team at Seacontrol@cimsec.org.