By Jared Samuelson
Dr. Jerry Hendrix, fresh off publication of his new book, To Provide and Maintain a Navy, joins me to discuss the differences between a seapower and sea power, the free sea, and his recommendations for the Navy’s future.
1. To Provide & Maintain a Navy, by Dr. Henry Hendrix, Focsle, 2020.
2. “Buy Fords Not Ferraris,” by Commander Jerry Hendrix, Proceedings, April 2009.
3. Seapower States: Maritime Culture, Continental Empires, and the Conflict that Made the Modern World, by Prof. Andrew Lambert, Yale University Press, 2018.
4. “At What Cost a Carrier,” by Jerry Hendrix, Center for a New American Security, March 11, 2013.
5. “Retreat From Range – The Rise and Fall of Carrier Aviation,” by Jerry Hendrix, Center for a New American Security, October 19, 2015.
6. “Aircraft Carriers & Maritime History,” Jerry Hendrix and Bryan McGrath, C-SPAN3, January 9, 2015.
Jared Samuelson is Executive Producer and Co-Host of the Sea Control podcast. Contact him at Seacontrol@cimsec.org.